- Support all activities in the purchasing department and wider business.
- Facilitate the operational needs of the business with the provision of materials and operated plant.
- Provide accurate current pricing, advice, and recommendations for the work winning process.
- Deliver savings to the bottom line whilst maintaining a high service level.
- Drive change through innovation and collaboration in the supply chain.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Day to day purchasing of materials and operated plant to meet the company operational needs, considering price, quality, and delivery.
- Support all activities within the purchasing department and across the organisation
- Obtain order confirmations and monitor delivery progress.
- Support the team with administrative duties as required.
- Resolve invoice queries.
- Tender support, preparation and analysis for work winning.
- Foster strong relationships with internal staff and external suppliers
- Address service issues with suppliers and relay them to the relevant project.
- Identify sustainable and innovative products/services through the supply chain.
- Attend supplier meetings when necessary.
- Maintenance of the supplier database and service level and pricing agreements
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Generate performance reports to the buying team as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proficient in GCSE Level Maths & English
- Prior experience in procurement within the construction industry
- Collaborative and cooperative team member
- Strong organisational skills
- Effective and concise communicator, both in verbal and written communication
- Positive attitude with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Willingness to learn.
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in Service
- Referral Bonus
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Online Rewards Platform with offers from over 900 retailers.
- To undertake other miscellaneous activities/project work deemed appropriate for the role of buyer/assistant buyer to assist with the efficient operation of the business.
- Deal with sensitive information with discretion, always maintaining confidentiality.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Confident communicator, both verbal and written.
· Well organised
· Team player
· Calm under pressure
· Positive attitude
· Willingness to learn
Specific job skills
· Proactive and driven to complete tasks.
· Proficient in various IT skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
· Desirable experience in commercial buying or familiarity with construction/electrical materials
Education and/or qualifications
· Minimum GCSE English & Maths / Essential
· CIPs at any level / Desirable
Carnell is committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce, offering equal opportunity to all. We create an environment where difference is embraced and individuals flourish.
We value passionate, responsive, innovative, trustworthy, and respectful people. These behaviours are embedded across the company, they guide us in all actions both on site and in the office.
We are committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of all our employees; not only ensuring that everybody goes home safely but also giving all a good work life balance.