Are you a highly organised and detail orientated individual with a passion for ensuring safety and efficiency in Civil and Highways Engineering projects? Are you experienced in barrier installation and road safety systems? If so, we have an exciting role for you as a Barrier Manager in our thriving Civil Engineering company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As the Barrier Manager at Carnell, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the proper installation, maintenance and management of barriers and safety systems. Your responsibilities will include:
- Scheme Mobilisation: Plan site works in accordance with instructions of the client and allocate resource to schemes.
- Installation Maintenance: Overseeing the proper installation and maintenance of barriers, ensuring they meet industry standards and are full operational.
- Safety Compliance: Ensuring all barrier systems adhere to relevant safety guidelines and regulations and do not pose a danger to the workers on site, subcontractors, site visitors or members of the public.
- Risk Assessment: Conducting regular risk assessments to identify potential hazards and proposing appropriate mitigation measures.
- Documentation: Keeping comprehensive records of barrier installations, maintenance, activities, and safety inspections.
- Leadership: Leading and motivating staff, continually appraise and organise training where required to enhance their skill set.
Who We are Looking For:
We believe in diversity and inclusion, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Here are the qualities we are looking for in a Barrier Manager
- Qualifications: CSCS Gold or Black Card
- Experience: Proficient experience of Safety Barrier installation and technical knowledge of Safety Barrier systems on high speed roads.
- Safety First: A strong understanding of safety regulations and best practices in the construction industry.
- Organisational skills: Excellent organisational and time management abilities to coordinate barrier installations across multiple projects.
- Detail Orientated: A keen eye for detail to ensure barrier systems are installed and maintained accurately.
- Communication: Effective communication skills to work with project teams and stakeholders.
- IT Skills: Demonstrates a good understanding of IT skills and systems.
- Driving License: A full clean UK Driving license is required for this role
Why Join Us:
- Meaningful Impact: Your work will directly contribute to safer, more reliable roads for everyone, improving the daily lives of countless individuals.
- Growth Opportunities: We value career development and offer training to enhance your skills, enabling you to advance within the company.
- Team Spirit: Join a supportive and friendly team, at Carnell we have a supportive and inclusive company culture.
- Competitive Benefits: Enjoy a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, and other perks.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to embark on the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you.
You can apply via our website www.carnellgroup.co.uk/careers/latest-vacancies to submit your application.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carnell are committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce, offering equal opportunity to all. We create an environment where difference is embraced and individuals flourish.
We value passionate, responsive, innovative, trustworthy, and respectful people. These behaviours are embedded across the company, they guide us in all actions both on site and in the office.
We are committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of all our employees; not only ensuring that everybody goes home safely but also giving all a good work life balance.