As an Apprentice Civil Engineer, you will learn the key elements of working on a project. You will take be involved in assisting the technical delivery as well as managing aspects of time, cost and quality. You will acquire technical, leadership and project management skills and experience.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Responsibilities – but not limited too
- Assisting with operational quality control including setting out and QA processes
- Planning and sequencing of operations
- Assist the Project Engineering team.
- Assist with developing construction methods.
- Assist with the preparation of briefings.
- Site reporting and monitoring of site progress
- Site inspections and survey
Experience and Qualifications
- Full UK Driving License
- To have an awareness of on-site health and safety risks/issues
- Good practical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- To be able to follow written and spoken instructions.
- To have good communication skills
- CSCS Card
- Maths and English at Level 4/C
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Referral Scheme
- Death In Service
- Access to Online Rewards Platform with over 900 retailers
- Group income protection
- Working away allowance
- Uplift for working nights.
- To undertake other miscellaneous activities/project work deemed appropriate for the role of Civil Engineer Apprentice support to assist with the efficient operation of the business.
- Deal with sensitive information with discretion, always maintaining confidentiality
Carnell is committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce, offering equal opportunity to all.
We create an environment where difference is embraced and individuals flourish. We value passionate, responsive, innovative, trustworthy, and respectful people.
These behaviours are embedded across the company, they guide us in all actions both on site and in the office.
We are committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of all our employees; not only ensuring that everybody goes home safely but also giving all a good work life balance.
Good Communication Skills
Ability to work alone or part of a team
Specific job skills
Previous experience in a similar role desirable
Education and/or qualifications
Full UK Driving License
Grade 4 or C in Maths and English