Carnell are recruiting for Civil Apprentices to join our team.
As an Apprentice Civil Engineer you will learn the key elements of working on a project. You will take be involved in assisting the technical delivery as well as managing aspects of time, cost and quality. You will acquire technical, leadership and project management skills and experience.
· Some sites could require longer travelling times and may involve periods away from home (weekdays only).
· This would be discussed further on starting.
· Total hours per week: 48
· Expected duration 18+ months
· The apprentice must be prepared to work away from home and travel.
· You could be away from home for up to 5 days a week (weekdays only).
· You will be put up in a reputable hotel and receive allowances.
· You will work outdoors in all weather conditions and the work can be physically demanding.
· You will be expected to wear protective clothing at all times, such as full reflective jacket & trousers, safety helmet and boots.
Main Duties will include
· Assisting with operational quality control including setting out and QA processes
· Planning and sequencing of operations
· Assist the Project Engineering team
· Assist with developing construction methods
· Assist with the preparation of briefings
· Site reporting and monitoring of site progress
· Site inspections and surveys
Requirements and prospects
· Must be 18+ and be able to drive
· To have an awareness of on-site health and safety risks/issues
· To have good practical skills
· To have good attention to detail
· To be able to follow written and spoken instructions
· To have good communication skills
· To enjoy practical work and want a job outdoors
· To have a good level of fitness
· To be able to work well as part of a team
· To be prepared to work shifts and travel away from home
Carnell is committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce, offering equal opportunity to all. We create an environment where difference is embraced and individuals flourish.
We value passionate, responsive, innovative, trustworthy, and respectful people.
These behaviours are embedded across the company, they guide us in all actions both on site and in the office.
We are committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of all our employees; not only ensuring that everybody goes home safely but also giving all a good work life balance.