Are you a hands-on problem solver with a passion for machinery and vehicles? If you’re a Plant and Vehicle fitter with a passion for precision, innovation, and excellence then we’ve got the opportunity for you. At Carnell, we are on the look out for a talented and motivated Plant and Vehicle Fitter to join our small team, providing a repair and maintenance service for all company owned plant, vehicles, and machinery.
At Carnell, we take immense pride in maintaining the lifelines of our nation – the highways! As a leading Highways Maintenance company, we are committed to delivering top notch services to ensure the safety and convenience of all road users.
Responsibilities – but not limited too.
- Adhere to the Carnell Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
- Deliver onsite breakdown assistance to the operations team.
- Ensure completion and timely uploading of the necessary admin records for all performed repairs, servicing, and inspections.
- Collaborate with our Plant & Transport team to discuss service schedules, purchase order details and stock level updates.
Experience and Qualifications
We believe in diversity and inclusion, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Here are the qualities we are looking for in this role:
- Experience: Proven experience in both plant and vehicle repair and maintenance
- Qualifications: NVQ/SVQ Level 2 or 3 in Plant or Vehicle Maintenance
- Knowledge: Strong knowledge of hydraulic systems, diesel engines and fabrication processes.
- Safety Conscious: Good understanding of health and safety legislation and Road Traffic Regulations.
- Adaptable: Night work and working away from home will be required.
- IT Skills: Basic Knowledge of IT systems i.e. Microsoft Outlook
- Communication: Strong communication skills to effectively interact with customers and team members
- Driving License: Full Clean UK Driving License
Why Join Us:
- Meaningful Impact: Your work will directly contribute to safer, more reliable roads for everyone, improving the daily lives of countless individuals.
- Growth Opportunities: We value career development and offer training to enhance your skills, enabling you to advance within the company.
- Team Spirit: Join a supportive and friendly team, at Carnell we have a supportive and inclusive company culture.
- Competitive Benefits: Enjoy a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, and other perks.
Carnell is committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce, offering equal opportunity to all. We create an environment where difference is embraced and individuals flourish.
We value passionate, responsive, innovative, trustworthy, and respectful people. These behaviours are embedded across the company, they guide us in all actions both on site and in the office.
We are committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of all our employees; not only ensuring that everybody goes home safely but also giving all a good work life balance.