Carnell are recruiting for a Plant and Transport Co-Ordinator to work in our Leyland office, reporting directly into the Plant and Transport Manager. Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous but not essential.
This is a fast-paced role which requires excellent organisation and communication skills and the ability to show initiative.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing of, and co-ordination of company plant, equipment, and vehicles as well as liaising with drivers, operators, and suppliers to meet the needs of ever-changing contract requirements.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Liaising with site personnel on forthcoming contract requirements.
- Sourcing plant & equipment along with suitable suppliers & placing purchase orders.
- Matching of resulting delivery/collection notes & general admin & data upkeep.
- Maintaining accurate records of all vehicles, plant & equipment, ensuring all necessary maintenance / repairs are carried out at the earliest possible convenience with minimum disruption to site operations.
- Analysis of daily defect checks prioritising order of response.
- Ensure all required calibrations & inspection dates are recorded & maintained for all relevant equipment & the documentation is up to date.
- Prepare accurate cost reports of all utilised plant & equipment upon request.
- To provide accurate information to support & enable the payment of invoices.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement in the safety, quality, efficiency & effectiveness of the services delivered to Carnell customers while being Carbon Conscious.
Skills & Capabilities
- Coordination of vehicles, plant, or both.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Basic understanding of relevant health & safety legislation.
- Excellent Admin skills & attention to detail.
- Confident when liaising internally & externally.
- Familiar with UK logistics.
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- To undertake any other miscellaneous activities/project work deemed appropriate for the role of Plant & Transport Co-ordinator supporting the efficient operation of the business.
- Deal with sensitive information with discretion, always maintaining confidentiality.
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in Service
- Referral Bonus
- Employee Recognition Scheme
Carnell is committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce, offering equal opportunity to all. We create an environment where difference is embraced and individuals flourish.
We value passionate, responsive, innovative, trustworthy, and respectful people. These behaviours are embedded across the company, they guide us in all actions both on site and in the office.
We are committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of all our employees; not only ensuring that everybody goes home safely but also giving all a good work life balance.