Carnell are recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to join our team in Highways Area 12 (York, Leeds, Sheffield, Doncaster).
The ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge of working on high-speed roads and in a civil engineering environment. The role holder must be flexible and able to work away from home when required, undertake duties at night and on weekends and be able to do overtime when necessary.
The project manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing projects within the decided-upon budget, timeline, and scope. They will also effectively monitor and present project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members.
There will be times that you will have interactions with customers, such as road users and residents. You must be able to deal with customers in an empathetic and polite manner.
Oversee all aspects of a project from conception to completion.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Responsibilities – but not limited to.
- Manage Established Sites
- Reviewing H&S Paperwork
- Identify Engineering discrepancies
- Plan and oversee all aspects of a project
- Planning and scheduling project timelines.
- Carrying out method statement and risk assessment.
- Managing project administration, including all site documentation.
- Meeting budgetary objectives.
- Reporting regularly to senior management.
- Tracking project performance.
- Organise resources (labour, plant, materials, sub-contractors) on each site
- Ensure that all plant & machinery provided for the works is suitable
- Responsibility for performance of Supervisors and Foremen
- Coach and look after new starters
- Organise training of employees in the various skills required for execution of the works
- Ensure that only trained personnel are used for the activities being undertaken
- Competent in closing out Health & Safety Files
- HND / HNC qualified or equivalent (Civil Engineering or similar)
- CSCS Gold Card essential
- SSSTS or SMSTS essential
- NRSWA preferable
- Competent with MS Project
- Professional attitude and ability to operate without supervision
- Good understanding of contract documents and the relationship between them
- Capable of teaching and developing operatives
- Demonstrates strong Health and Safety skills and leadership
- Good time management & high degree of organisation.
- Good Appreciation of Engineering principles.
- An understanding of relevant Health & Safety legislation
- Full clean driving licence
- Company pension
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Health Care Plan
- Excellent working environment
- Referral bonus
- To undertake other miscellaneous activities/project work deemed appropriate for the role of Project Manager support to assist with the efficient operation of the business.
- Deal with sensitive information with discretion, always maintaining confidentiality.
Specific job skills:
• Competent with MS Project
• Knowledge of working on high-speed roads and in a civil engineering environment
• Experience in a similar role
Education and/or qualifications:
• HND / HNC qualified or equivalent
• CSCS Gold Card essential
• SSSTS or SMSTS essential
Carnell is committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce, offering equal opportunity to all. We create an environment where difference is embraced and individuals flourish.
We value passionate, responsive, innovative, trustworthy, and respectful people. These behaviours are embedded across the company, they guide us in all actions both on site and in the office.
We are committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of all our employees; not only ensuring that everybody goes home safely but also giving all a good work life balance.