Carnell have an exciting position for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team in National Highways Area 12 & 14. This role will be site based.
The role holder will report to and be supported by the Managing QS. We are looking for someone with minimum 3 years’ experience within a similar role with good knowledge Civil Engineering and Highways.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Responsibilities – but not limited to.
- Price and submission of quotations for works on maintenance contracts
- Liaise with operational staff including clients and subcontractors
- Ensure scheme costs are correct on cost system (Nav13) and raise and queries where necessary
- Attend internal / external meetings (both electronically and face to face)
- Manage subcontract supply chain, issuing orders assessing Subcontract AFPs and the processing of payments
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value through a monthly CVR process
- Assessment and submission of quotations / compensation events
- Surveying Degree or equivalent qualification / experience
- Experience of working as a Tier 1 and Tier 2 contractor
- Experience of NEC3/4 and working on frameworks
- Experience of digital systems, particularly Microsoft
- Demonstrable record of supporting the commercial team managing complex, high value contracts
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Excellent ability to work independently and within a team
- Enthusiastic and willingness to take ownership of contracts/frameworks
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
- High levels of numeracy, written language, and communication
- Full UK clean driving licence
- An awareness of NEC 4 contracts and options would be desirable
- High level of attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
- Ability to analyse data with a view to developing skills to provide detailed reports
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Group Income Protection
- Health Care Plan
- Career progression, through annual appraisals
- Excellent working environment
- Referral bonus
Carnell is committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce, offering equal opportunity to all.
We create an environment where difference is embraced and individuals flourish.
We value passionate, responsive, innovative, trustworthy, and respectful people.
These behaviours are embedded across the company, they guide us in all actions both on site and in the office
We are committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of all our employees; not only ensuring that everybody goes home safely but also giving all a good