- Carnell provide specialist maintenance and support services that support safety and efficiency for the UK’s highway infrastructure. For over two decades, major public and private sector customers have relied on us for cost effective, sustainable innovations that help the successful operation and maintenance of their network assets.
- Carnell provides drainage asset and data management and a mapping survey service to the Highways business sector across the whole of the UK. This service is to locate and determine the condition of the drainage assets and infrastructure on the UK motorways and carriageways. The Water Management division conducts trenchless repairs and remediation works to the drainage network in order to prolong the life of the asset.
- Working as part of the Remediation Operations Team, assisting in scheme management from tender stage to post completion.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Health, Safety, Environmental
- To actively work on project activities in accordance with Carnell SHEQ policies and procedures.
- Keep the company safe by co-operating with others to ensure a coordinated approach to promote a clear understanding of each party’s duties, roles and responsibilities for Safety and Wellbeing.
- Promoting a positive safety culture through visible proactive, consistent, and influential behaviours.
- Assist Contracts Manager and Remediation Manager with admin activities.
- Assist with completing required site paperwork (Risk assessments, Method Statements etc).
- Quality control/checking on post construction CCTV surveys to ensure works have been carried out to the expected standard.
- Ensure site teams have the information and resources they require to complete planned scheme works.
- To work as part of a team in an efficient office environment and can work without supervision.
- Work with the Technical Services Department to assist in meeting project deadlines, and relevant management targets.
- Communicate with other work colleagues.
- Assist in activities as necessary and other duties as assigned.
- Participate in weekly/monthly meetings with Carnell staff and clients.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of the GIS sector including software developments.
- To be involved in performance reviews and assessments.
- The above duties are commensurate of the position, it may be expected to vary the role as and when the Business requires it.
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of a range of different computer packages e.g. Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project preferred but not essential.
- GCSE Grade A-C Maths, Science & English preferred but not essential.
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a wide range of customers, contractors, and other members of staff.
- Ability to work individually and as an effective team member.
- IT equipment
- Generous holiday allowance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical
- Pension Scheme
• Live our company values – Passionate, Responsive, Innovative, Trustworthy, Respectful.
• Excellent communicator
Specific job skills
• Good IT skills with a knowledge of a range of different computer packages e.g. Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Project preferred but not essential.
• Good communication and Interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a wide range of customers, contractors and other members of staff.• Ability to work individually and as an effective team member.
• Previous experience in a similar role
Education and/or qualifications • GCSE Grade A-C Maths, Science & English preferred but not essential.
• Microsoft Excel Certification or similar would be advantageous.