One Team One VisionTo Raise the threshold of excellence in highway maintenance and inspire our clients and suppliers to be as passionate about safety and social value as we are.
- PASSIONATE– We are passionate about the work we do. We are committed to delivering high performance through the continual development of our people and our processes.
- RESPONSIVE– We respond quickly and efficiently to the needs of our customers, partners and colleagues and the unique demands of each task.
- INNOVATIVE -We continually look for better ways to do things. We’re not afraid of a challenge and we take the lead in proposing innovative and practical solutions.
- TRUSTWORTHY– Our long-standing relationships with our customers, partners and colleagues are built on trust. We can be relied on to be honest and direct and do what we say we will do.
- RESPECTFUL– We treat others as we would hope to be treated ourselves. We believe through respecting each other and embracing our differences we can have a stronger impact as a team.
Job PurposeCarnell are recruiting for an experienced Site Supervisor to work in Highways Areas 10 & 13. We are looking for someone with an excellent understanding of working on high-speed roads and in a civil engineering environment. The role holder must be flexible and able to work away from home when required, undertake duties at night and on weekends and be able to do overtime when necessary. There will be times that you will have interactions with customers, such as road users and residents. You must be able to deal with customers in an empathetic and polite manner.
Responsibilities – but not limited to:
- Delivery of the work programme to the client to time, cost, and quality.
- Follow instructions from Project Manager/Site Manager
- Comply with site safety rules and our Health and Safety Policies and Standards
- Responsible for co-ordinating works on site and being the main point of contact for the Client and Carnell Operations Team.
- Accountable for the safety, quality and environmental elements of the work being undertaken and the welfare of Carnell employees and agency labourers.
Qualifications / Experience
- Experience in Drainage / Earthworks / Road Construction
- Conversant with CDM / Principal Contractor duties
- Understanding of National Highways specifications
- ITP Quality Checks
- CSCS Supervisor Card
- CAT & Genny
- First Aid Certification
- Company vehicle, fuel card, mobile, laptop and PPE are all provided.
- A full SHEQ induction will be carried out upon start.
- Please note pre-employment D&A testing will be required due to the nature of the industry.
- Additional night shift allowance
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Group Income protection
- Private Medical
- Pension Scheme