As a Highways Electrician you will be responsible to carry out all aspects of electrical works including cable installation and termination, electrical minor works (i.e. lantern replacements, fault finding and repairs, general inspection, testing of both new and existing installations and the relevant certification.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Responsibilities – but not limited too
- Liaise with Electrical Supervisor / Site Supervisor / Site Manager to outline works set out to be done
- Ensure all works carried out are to a high standard both in quality and electrical safety
- Carry out all types of electrical / none-electrical works as requested
- Give accurate timely results from testing and inspections
- Organise and priorities your work out on site to ensure deadlines are met
- Keep company vehicle tidy and fully stocked to allow electrical tasks to be carried out
- Complete all necessary documentation such as DDR and Fast Field log system
- Ensure all RAMs are read, understood, and followed
- Always adhere to all Carnell and Client safety rules and policies
- Up to date CSCS card /to have or working towards HERS accreditation
- Have relevant electrical qualifications (City and Guilds or other)
- BS7671 18th edition regulations
- 2391 inspection and test (or HERS 714/715 qualification)
- Full clean driving licence
- An understanding of relevant health & safety legislation
- MEWP IPAF qualification – Desirable
- G39 qualification – Desirable
- Professional attitude
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Flexibility with regards to working hours and able to work away from home
- Confident in relaying accurate information to Supervisors and Managers
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Rewards Platform with offers from over 900 retailers
- Additional shift uplift for night and weekend work
- Group Income Protection
- Death In Service
- Referral Bonus
- To undertake other miscellaneous activities/project work deemed appropriate for the role of Street Lighting Electrician to support and assist with the efficient operation of the business.
- Deal with sensitive information with discretion, always maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative
Specific job skills
- Driving License
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Civils/Highways Experience
Education and/or qualifications
- CSCS Card
- Electrical Qualification
- HERS Accreditation or working towards this
Carnell is committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce, offering equal opportunity to all. We create an environment where difference is embraced and individuals flourish.
We value passionate, responsive, innovative, trustworthy, and respectful people. These behaviours are embedded across the company, they guide us in all actions both on site and in the office.
We are committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of all our employees; not only ensuring that everybody goes home safely but also giving all a good work life balance.