One Team One Vision
To Raise the threshold of excellence in highway maintenance and inspire our clients and suppliers to be as passionate about safety and social value as we are.
· PASSIONATE- We are passionate about the work we do. We are committed to delivering high performance through the continual development of our people and our processes.
· RESPONSIVE- We respond quickly and efficiently to the needs of our customers, partners and colleagues and the unique demands of each task.
· INNOVATIVE -We continually look for better ways to do things. We’re not afraid of a challenge and we take the lead in proposing innovative and practical solutions.
· TRUSTWORTHY- Our long-standing relationships with our customers, partners and colleagues are built on trust. We can be relied on to be honest and direct and do what we say we will do.
· RESPECTFUL- We treat others as we would hope to be treated ourselves. We believe through respecting each other and embracing our differences we can have a stronger impact as a team.
Repair and maintain all company owned vehicles, plant, and machinery in accordance with the planned servicing schedule or as directed by the Plant and Transport Director.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Essential duties and responsibilities (but not limited too)
· Provide onsite breakdown cover to the operations team.
· Complete and upload appropriate administration records of all repairs, servicing, and inspections carried out.
· Liaise with the Plant & Transport administrator regarding service schedules, purchase order numbers and stock levels.
· Comply with the Carnell Health & Safety Policy
Experience and Qualifications
· NVQ/SVQ Level 2 or 3 in Plant or Vehicle Maintenance or equivalent
· Knowledge of hydraulic systems
· Knowledge of plant diesel engines
· Proven experience in both Plant and Vehicle repair and maintenance
· Knowledge of fabrication processes
· An understanding of health and safety legislation and Road Traffic Regulations
· Full UK Driving License
· Generous Holiday Allowance
· Pension Scheme
· Referral Scheme
· Death In Service
· Access to Online Rewards Platform
· Company Van and fuel card
· Group income protection
· Working away allowance
· Uplift for working nights.
· To undertake other miscellaneous activities/project work deemed appropriate for the role of Plant and Vehicle fitter to support to assist with the efficient operation of the business.
· Deal with sensitive information with discretion, always maintaining confidentiality.
Personal attributes Ability to work alone or as part of a team. Willing to work outdoors sometimes in adverse weather. Willing to sometimes work nights and away from home (Monday to Friday)
Specific job skills UK Driving License
Experience Previous experience in a similar role Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
Education/Qualifications NVQ/SVQ Level 2 or 3 in Plant or Vehicle Maintenance or equivalent
Carnell is committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce, offering equal opportunity to all. We create an environment where difference is embraced and individuals flourish.
We value passionate, responsive, innovative, trustworthy, and respectful people. These behaviours are embedded across the company, they guide us in all actions both on site and in the office.
We are committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of all our employees; not only ensuring that everybody goes home safely but also giving all a good work life balance.