If you’re passionate about driving safety, health, environment, and quality to new heights we have a great opportunity for you! Carnell are looking for a SHEQ Advisor to join our team and be at the forefront of innovation, excellence, and progress.
Please note that this role will require working nights and working away on occasions.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a SHEQ Advisor, you will be ensuring that our projects are executed smoothly, safely, and efficiently. Your responsibilities will include:
- Safety: Develop, implement, and maintain robust safety programmes and practices. Conduct safety audits, inspections, and investigations. Provide guidance and support to teams in the identification and mitigation of safety risks.
- Health: Promote and enhance employee health and well-being programmes. Ensure compliance with health regulations and standards.
- Environment: Lead environmental initiatives, strive to minimise our environmental impact through sustainable practices.
- Quality: Conduct quality assessments and audits, ensuring compliance with SHEQ legislation and Carnell standards.
- Training: Carry out Safety induction training for all new starters and carry out adhoc training sessions as required by the business.
Who We are Looking For:
We believe in diversity and inclusion, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Here are the qualities we are looking for in a SHEQ Advisor
- Experience: Previous experience in a similar role within the Civil Engineering industry,
- Qualifications: NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate
- Knowledge: A deep understanding of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Safety Conscious:A strong commitment to promoting and enforcing safety in all aspects of work.
- Communication:Exceptional interpersonal and communication abilities both written and verbal.
- Adaptable:Flexibility to adapt to changing environments and priorities.
- IT Skills:Proficient in using relevant software and familiarity with digital tools for safety reporting and incident tracking.
- Driving License: Full clean driving license
Why Join Us:
- Meaningful Impact: Your work will directly contribute to safer, more reliable roads for everyone, improving the daily lives of countless individuals.
- Growth Opportunities: We value career development and offer training to enhance your skills, enabling you to advance within the company.
- Team Spirit: Join a supportive and friendly team, at Carnell we have a supportive and inclusive company culture.
- Competitive Benefits:Enjoy a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, and other perks.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to embark on the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you.
You can apply via our website www.carnellgroup.co.uk/careers/latest-vacancies to submit your application.
Carnell are committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce, offering equal opportunity to all. We create an environment where difference is embraced and individuals flourish.
We value passionate, responsive, innovative, trustworthy, and respectful people. These behaviours are embedded across the company, they guide us in all actions both on site and in the office.
We are committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of all our employees; not only ensuring that everybody goes home safely but also giving all a good work life balance